v2019.2020010301 is released for testing with UTF-8, websocket and more!
Let me know what you think!
Ubuntu 18.04 (including WSL), OSX latest, and MSYS2/mingw64 is all supported!
- v2019 require all mudlib files to be valid UTF-8 files, including object save files. Use iconv to convert them if necessary.
- set_encoding() and query_encoding() is available to set this_player()'s connection to given charset, which would automatically transcode input/output.
- read more at UTF-8 support in v2019
- make install will install an directory of example websocket http pages with xtermjs configured, copy that to your mudlib directory
- Add “external_port_2: websocket XXXX” to config file to enable websocket.
- Adding “websocket http dir: ./www” to config file
- TODO: write more about websocket ascii protocol.
- crypt(password, “”) will by default use SHA512 to securely encrypt your password!
- crypt with old password will still work, but will complain in debug log.
- oldcrypt() is the old MD5 based crypt() that also works, and also complains, please have user type password again to securely encrypt their password to SHA512.